Career in Zoology
If you are interested in nature and wildlife then there are many good career options available for you in biology. It is more important to do a job in which you not only get good salary, but your day should be full of enthusiasm. This can only happen when that job is of interest to you. If you have a special love for animals and love them, then you can make a career by becoming a zoologist. Experts studying and researching biology are called zoologists or zoologists. They are also known as animal biologists. Zoologists study the behavior of animals and all the processes associated with them such as living, eating habits, origin, development and life cycle, etc. Apart from this, they also feed on plants, fungus, viruses, bacteria, fish. , Also study insects, prawns and seaweeds.
Scope of works
The job of a zoologist is mainly to prepare reports by researching the characteristics and habits of animals, birds, mammals, insects, fishes etc. of various species. In this work, he also takes DNA samples of organisms in the laboratory and prepares their database. This enables them to research extinct species of animals and species that have been on the verge of extinction, besides zoologists playing an important role in preparing schemes for the health and conservation of wildlife.
Zoologists also work to make the general public aware of the scientific, historical and natural aspects of a garden. Development of various scientific instruments for the prevention of environmental pollution is also included in their works. In his research, he also conducts in-depth research on the origin of organisms, their mutual behavior, variations, life history, diseases, evolution, genetics and their expansion.
There are also many options to choose one of the many subjects as specialization while studying at the master’s degree level. You can also become an expert in that subject by doing research on your favorite organisms. Such experts are then known by different names. For example, zoologists who research birds are called ornithologists, those who research fishes, they are called ichthyologists, researchers on water and land animals, herpetologists and mammals research mammals. .
You can get employment in these posts-
– Environmental Consultant and Conservationist
– Biological Laboratory Technician or Zoo Keeper.
– Teacher and researcher.
– Wildlife educator and rehabilitator.
Zoologists have job opportunities in both government and private institutions. One can work in government agencies in Wildlife Management, Conservation or Agriculture Department. On the other hand, in the private sector, you can work in a pharmaceutical company or biological supply houses (which supply animal species in laboratory). Zoologists are also needed in museums and zoos.
To become a Zoologist, it is necessary to get a Masters degree in Zoology or related subjects. It is granted to those students who have studied Biology in Bachelor Degree. Graduation should also include Zoology with Environmental Science, Natural Science and Biology. .
Research work can be found here
There are many National Research Institutes and Government Departments in the country where there are plenty of employment opportunities for zoologists. Some of these major institutes are-.
– Oceanographic Research Institute.
– The National Collection for Insects.
– Departments of Agriculture, Water Affairs and Environmental Affairs.
– The National Parks Board.
– Provincial Nature Conservation Departments
Interest in environment and animals
Power to understand things in real terms.
Ability to solve problems.
Patience, dedication and ability to stay focused on work for long hours.
Ability to systematically save and analyze facts and figures found in research projects
Effective communication skills and writing ability.
– Ability to observe and test things carefully.
– The determination to work with discipline even under pressure situations.
Major institutes offering B.Sc Zoology course.
– Deen Dayal Upadhyay College, New Delhi
– Garden City College, Indira Nagar, Bangalore
– South SSMRV College, Jaya Nagar, Bangalore
– Acharya Narendra Dev College, Delhi
– Maitreyi College, Delhi
– Deshbandhu College, Delhi
– Sri Venkateswara College, Delhi
– St. Albert’s College, Kochi
– Post Graduate College of Science, Hyderabad
– Kirori Mal College, Delhi
– Loyola College, Chennai
– Hans Raj College, Delhi
– DG Ruparel College, Mumbai
– Wilson College, Mumbai
– St. Ann’s College, Hyderabad
Osmania University College for Women
– Madras Christian College
– Vivekananda College, Kolkata
– St. Peters College, Kerala
– Andhra University, Visakhapatnam.
Author: Admin Official Website:- www.employmentnewz24.com